X-ray Powder Diffraction
X-ray powder diffraction is an important method for the characterization of crystalline materials. Measurements can lead to routine phase identification, unit cell determination, crystallite size, and in some instances, structure determination. Our Institute has two X-ray powder diffractometers for rapid analysis of materials. Sample preparation is usually easy and quality data sets can usually be obtained in about an hour.
Specifications and capabilities of panalytical X'PERT PRO
- Theta-theta geometry
- Copper K-alpha radiation (λ = 1.5418 Å)
- Search-match capabilities with extensive ICDD database
- Constant horizontal orientation allows for stable sample over entire data collection
- Air sensitive samples can be measured
- Unit cell refinement possible on some samples
- Crystallite size determination also possible on some samples
Hourly rates for instrument use
*Special discount for multiple samples may be available.
Contact Us Dr. John Wiley