CTEP Guidelines at UNO
Louisiana Revised Statutes (L.R.S.) 17:3129.3 law created the Louisiana Classroom Teacher Enrollment Program (CTEP), which, if several stipulations are met, allows classroom teachers to attend Louisiana’s public colleges and universities tuition free (all other fees must be paid by the teacher) on a space available basis. Details about CTEP program including guidelines, restrictions and application can be found on the Board of Regents website at: https://regents.la.gov/divisions/planning-research-and-academic-affairs/academic-affairs/teacher-education-initiatives/ctep-classroom-teacher-enrollment-program/
Please read through these guidelines before submitting the application. The following should be considered before submitting the application form:
1. CTEP program is valid only for courses offered on main campus.
2. CTEP may not be used to schedule off-campus, correspondence, or distance learning courses. Independent study courses, practicum courses requiring individual supervision, thesis courses, and dissertation courses are not eligible for tuition exemption under the CTEP program.
3. Classroom teachers who participate in CTEP during any one school year shall be obligated to practice as a classroom teacher in the elementary or secondary schools of Louisiana for at least the subsequent school year.
4. CTEP limits course enrollment to six (6) semester hours per academic year semester.
5. NOT HAVE PREREGISTERED OR REGISTERED for any of the courses in which the student intends to enroll under CTEP.
6. During this time you must submit an appeal to the Registrar’s Office, listing all courses that you are requesting to enroll in using CTEP.
7. CTEP applicants must late register and must pay required fees no later than two working days after being notified that they are eligible to participate in CTEP.
The following conditions must be met to qualify for CTEP:
1. If in a discipline funded by the BESE Tuition Program for Teachers, teachers should apply for the tuition funds to be assured placement in a course with other students who have paid the tuition if they meet course and university requirements. If denied tuition funding for the course(s) s/he intended to schedule under the BESE Tuition Program for Teachers because the tuition funding has been exhausted, teachers may apply for CTEP.
2. If all funds dedicated to the BESE Tuition Program for Teachers have been exhausted and teachers are not otherwise eligible to enroll in such course(s) pursuant to the BESE Tuition Program for Teachers, established by the State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education for the current semester, quarter, or session, teachers may apply for CTEP.
Documentation has been provided to indicate that the State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education tuition program funds are exhausted for the academic quarter/semester.
The following documents must be submitted to the Records Management Coordinator in the Registrar’s Office at UNO, prior to the close of business on the last day for adding courses for the semester for which the teacher plan to enroll under CTEP:
1. Obtain a copy of the CTEP guidelines from the Board of Regents website.
2. Obtain a CTEP Application Form from the Board of Regents website. Complete the CTEP Application Form, sign it, and have it signed by the Employing Authority. A new CTEP application must be signed and submitted each quarter/semester.
3. Apply and be accepted for admission to UNO in the program in which the student intends to enroll under CTEP, at the appropriate level (undergraduate or graduate, degree seeking or non-degree seeking).
4. A copy of your teaching certificate.
If your application is approved, the Records Management Coordinator will contact you via e-mail within 3 working days after the last day to add classes. You will find a link to the appeal form on the Registrar’s website. Once this is approved you will be notified and your classes will be added. It is important that prospective CTEP participants give accurate contact information as to how they may be contacted by UNO during this time period. All important dates are listed in the Student Calendar online.
**Please note that if approved your classes will be added AFTER the last day of the schedule adjustment period in order to give our regular students a chance to make any necessary changes. After your classes have been added, you must pay any required late registration fees no later than two working days. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CTEP process at UNO please contact Jessica Davis firstname.lastname@example.org