When is Fall Move-In?
1) New Student Move-in is Thursday August 16th beginning at 9:00am
2) Returner move-in is Friday August 17th beginning at 9:00am
Will financial aid pay for my housing deposit, housing fees, and meal plan?
Financial Aid will not pay for your housing deposit, but it may cover some of your housing fees and meal plan fees. Please contact Financial Aid to inquire about your account.
Is Pontchartrain Hall co-ed?
The entire hall is coed, but each suite is gender specific.
What should I bring? Do I need sheets and towels?
- Bed sheets
Twin extra-long size. No bed linens, blankets, or pillows are provided.
- Electrical outlet converters/adapters
For both voltage and size conversion
- Alarm clock
Students should bring enough of these basic necessities to last until they can get to a local retail store (toiletries are readily available at the Walgreen's Pharmacy adjacent to campus on Elysian Fields Avenue and Robert E. Lee Boulevard -- see map).
- Bed sheets
May I choose my roommate or will one be assigned to me?
You may choose your roommate. Simply list their name(s) on your application. Also, please be sure to hand the Roommate Survey so that we can better place you in the event we need to assign a roommate.
How long does the housing contract last? Do I have to vacate the dorms over the holidays?
We have three different types of housing contracts.
- The first housing contract we have is a semester-only contract. This contract obligates you to move in at the beginning of a semester and move out at the end of the semester. This contract is billed in one installment prior to move in.
- Our next type of housing contract is an academic contract. With this type of contract, you would move into the hall in August and move out in May. You would not be required to vacate the hall over the holidays. You may even come and go as you please over any holiday break. This contract is billed in installments at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters.
- The third type of housing contract is a full-year contract. This contract confirms your housing for a full calendar year and is billed in installments at the beginning of the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. You are not required to vacate the hall during this contract term.
When may I apply for housing and is there a deadline?
Housing at Pontchartrain Hall is on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is no deadline, but it is recommended that you submit your application as soon as possible.
What if my roommate and I don't get along later in the semester?
Your Resident Assistant will assist you and your roommate(s) in a mediation session and it is expected of each resident to respect the community living aspect of Pontchartrain Hall. If mediation is not successful, then a reassignment may be considered.
Are there honors or graduates housing options available?
When will I find out my room assignment?
You will find out your room assignment in July for the Fall semester and in December for the Spring semester.
If I don't like my room assignment, may I change rooms? If so, when may I change?
Yes, you may change rooms, however; room change requests are not taken until 2 weeks after the start of each semester and are not guaranteed.
What is the physical address for insurance purposes and/or to have mail and packages delivered?
Our physical address is: UNO Dept. of Student Housing, Pontchartrain Hall, 2000 Lakeshore Drive, New Orleans, LA 70148. Packages may be delivered via courier. Regular mail is not delivered to Pontchartrain Hall. All residents must apply for a postal box at our Campus Mail services.
Linens Available (minimum weekly) $10.00