Our research is actively conducted by a diverse team of faculty at all academic ranks, including several world-renowned scholars, along with Master's and PhD students and research associates.
In recent years we have expanded our research focus, growing our department in both size and expertise and strengthening our research and graduate programs, especially in the area of Computer Engineering. We have increased our research productivity while continuing to improve our research and educational infrastructure.
Our programs are aided by strong support from industry leaders, many of whom are members of our Industry Advisory Board or adjunct research faculty.
- High performance parallel and distributed algorithms for nonlinear particle filtering (LA BOR)
- Enhancement of Capabilities in Underwater Networking with Emphasis on the Physical Layer (UNO ScoRe)
- Feature Analysis for Classification of Fish in Underwater Image Sequences (NOAA/NMFS)
- CSK modulation for underwater communications (SPAWAR).
- Accurate detection and classification algorithms for PARADISE (NRL)
- Joint Detection, Classification, Localization, and Tracking of Targets (ONR)
- Real Time Simulation Studies of Transmission (Entergy Systems)
- Hurricane Impact Study on Entergy Transmission (Entergy Systems)
- Fault Prognostics via Multiple Model Fusion and Sparse Learning (NASA EPSCoR DART2)
- UNO PMU Data Sharing and Visualization (DOE)
- REU: TRACK: Training and research in advanced computing knowledge (NSF)
- CCLI: Collaborative Research: An Integrative Course and Laboratory
- Embedded Multimedia Applications on FPGAs (NSF)
- 16-Dimensional Trellis Encoded CEQ2PSK for Non-Linear Mobile Communication Channels (SPAWAR)
- Analysis of Weather Radar Imaging for Clutter Rejection (NASA BOR)
- Constellation Sensor Simulation for Airborne ASR (DCM-Research)
- Game Theoretic Sensor Management for Space Target Tracking (BOR)
- Coordinated Search and Surveillance by a UAV Team (DHS)
- An Integrated Constellation Sensor Simulation Environment (DCM-Research)
- Fault Prognostics via Multiple Model Fusion and Sparse Learning (BOR)
- Integrating Smart Grids and Alternative Sources of Energy to Transmission Systems (Entergy Services)
- Real-Time Modeling & Simulation of Test Systems for Black-out Studies (Entergy Services)