Andrea Mosterman completed her Ph.D. at Boston University, specializing in Atlantic and Early American History. She is currently working on a manuscript that examines exchanges and interactions between African and Dutch descendants in Early New York. Her broader research explores the multi-faceted dimensions of slavery, the slave trade, and cross-cultural contact in the Early Modern Dutch Atlantic. She is a recipient of various scholarships and grants, such as a Gilder Lehrman Fellowship, the Quinn Research Residency, and the Michael Kraus grant from the American Historical Association. She has published in, among others, The Journal of African History.
- Intro to African American History - HIST 1010
- US History to 1860 - HIST 2501
- Women in American History - HIST 2587
- Colonial Period of American History - HIST 4501
- Atlantic History - HIST 4991
Atlantic History, African Diaspora, Early America, Pre-Colonial Africa, Slavery and Slave Trade