Room Policies and Regulations
The University Center building hours are established each semester. Events scheduled outside the normal operating hours may be reserved and overtime fees may apply to offset the cost of building utilities and additional staffing required. Larger events may require additional custodial services fees.
- Open flames, candles, etc. are strictly prohibited.
- Glitter is not allowed anywhere in the University Center.
- Tables and chairs may not block the flow of traffic or block any doors.
- Sitting on tables is not allowed.
- Tables, Chairs, and other University Center equipment may not be removed from the University Center.
All tables and chairs needed for patio, terrace or plaza events must be requested through the UC scheduling office. Only UC staff members are allowed to move furniture outside. If the University Center cannot provide the adequate tables, chairs or trash cans needed for a specific event, the sponsoring organization must submit a request to Facility Services for rent.
- Unless billed to a UNO account, all fees and charges must be paid 48 business hours prior to the start of your event.
Room Request Requirements
The room requested will be scheduled as availabilities permit. The University Center reserves the right to change assignments as needed.
All requests by Student Organizations and University Departments may be submitted by calling (504) 280-6337. Requests for the meeting rooms or recruitment/promotional tables, must be submitted a minimum of 3 business days prior to your event. Requests for Banquet and Reception Rooms must be submitted a minimum of 10 business days prior to your event. It is important that you recognize that this system is for REQUESTING space. A room is not booked until you have received a confirmation email from the Reservations office.
No outside food or beverages may be brought into the University Center for meetings or events. All catering must be provided by UNO’s Campus Dining Services. Contact CampusDining@uno.edu or (504) 280-6637. Violations may result is service charges and loss of University Center usage privileges.
Alcoholic beverage service is provided through Campus Dining Services. Campus police are required to be present at events where alcoholic beverages are served. The UC scheduling office will schedule the university police for your event. The number of officers required will be determined based on expected attendance, location of event, time of day, and specific beverages served.
We can serve each group only to the extent of the information that is supplied to us. Please be accurate and complete in requesting room reservations and setups.
- Meeting rooms will be available 15 minutes before the scheduled meeting time unless otherwise requested in advance.
- Obtain the room key from the staff member at the Ask Lafitte Information Desk. UNO ID must be submitted and a signatre is required and a phone number provided.
- Rooms must be vacated within 15 minutes of scheduled ending time. Return the key to the Information Desk.
- Furnishings must be returned to their original placement if any were moved to accommodate your specific needs.
- Reset fees will be charged when rooms with Standard Setups have been left rearranged.
- Rooms are to be left clean. Please place all trash in receptacles provided.
Banquet rooms will be available 1 hour prior to the event scheduled start time unless otherwise requested. Final room setups and equipment requests are required a minimum of 48 business hours prior to your event.
- Cancellations: Please notify the University Center as soon as possible if you must cancel an event.
Rooms reserved but not used, or cancelled without 24-hour notice, may be subject to charges already incurred for set-up and/or future use denial.
- Misuse of rooms may result in refusal of permission for meeting space in the University Center or a maintenance/damage fee, if applicable.