Cork Writers' retreat
The Cork Writers' Retreat begins July 2 and runs through either July 18 or August 3, 2019. The cost of a full session is $3,095 and it includes housing in a private room with a private bathroom, meals on class days, study abroad insurance, and all program activities. Participants wishing to attend the half-session ( two weeks ), may do so for a reduced cost of $2,295.00.
Ireland: rich with literary history and waiting for you. Join us in Cork this summer for an inspiring summer of culture and creativity in Ireland's "real capital”. It's time. What are you waiting for?
- Push your creative work to new levels with themed writing workshops and writing seminars with local authors. Some writing sessions will be held in local pubs as we soak up the atmosphere.
- Immerse yourself in all the art you can handle in Cork's premier exhibitions of theatre, literature, art, and dance.
- Engage with other participants, guest authors, and local writers during readings and community events.
- Learn about the publishing industry and make valuable professional contacts as you submit your manuscript to our visiting literary agent.
- Experience the historic beauty of Dublin, Ireland's enchanting capital city on our optional weekend excursion.
- And let's not forget the music--we'll let you know the best places to hear everything from iconic Irish music sessions to the latest singer-songwriters.
- All daily activities are optional, with plenty of time left over for individual writing and exploration.
Cork Writers' Retreat participants and guests should follow regular application procedures, but select the Postgrad/Companion option from the dropdown menu.
The Writer’s Retreat is designed for seasoned writers to have an opportunity to write and reflect within a creative community. All retreat applications will be reviewed in a selective process prior to acceptance. We reserve the right to deny acceptance to the Writer’s Retreat.
- Apply online! ($300 deposit required)
- Upload your digital photo and a scanned copy of your passport.
- Fill out and submit your Medical History Form.
- Fill out and submit the Immunization Compliance Form (note: you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open this document), or go online to UNO's Student Health Services to complete the online waiver form (established UNO email address required in order to complete). Please inform us if you complete this process directly with Student Health Services.
- Follow us on Facebook at UNO Writing Workshops Abroad.