Awards & Scholarships
The University of New Orleans Staff Council Scholarship was established by the University Staff Council to benefit staff employees, their spouses, and dependent child(ren), who choose to further their academic pursuits, while maintaining their employment with the University. Funding for this scholarship is provided by the University of New Orleans Staff Council. Scholarships may only be used during the fall or spring semester. The amount to be awarded will be determined by the Council prior to the call for applications.
Spring 2019 Award Information
- The Spring 2019 award(s) will be: up to $500 (based on available funding)
- Applications are due: June 14, 2019 by close of business (4:30pm) (early submission is encouraged)
- Awards are for the current semester.
- To apply, complete the application (available here) and email to the UNO Staff Council by the indicated deadline.
Scholarship may be given to a UNO staff member, spouse, or dependent child(ren) according to the following:
- The UNO employee is a full-time staff member at the University of New Orleans on the following dates: August 1 for fall enrollment, January 1 for spring enrollment (UNO Policy No: AP-BA-37.2).
- Scholarship recipient must be enrolled at the University of New Orleans during the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Scholarship recipient is not on academic probation.
- Receipt of scholarship will not result in the exceeding of the "cost of attendance." "Cost of attendance" is defined as "an estimate of the student's educational expenses for a period of enrollment" pursuant to Title IV. (UL System Policy Number FB-IV.(2))
- Members of the UNO Staff Council Scholarship Committee, their spouses, and dependent child(ren) are not eligible.
- The Scholarship Committee will review all applications and compose a list of finalists for the Scholarship Committee to vote on a final winner(s).
- Late, missing, or incomplete applications will be disqualified from consideration.
- Applications will be ranked by the Scholarship Committee; if the highest ranked applicant drops out or otherwise becomes ineligible then the scholarship will be issued to the next ranked applicant.
All applicants will be notified of their status by the UNO Staff Council. The Financial Aid office will apply the scholarship to the recipient's student account. If a book award is awarded, the recipient will redeem it at the UNO Bookstore.
The scholarship will be issued after the final date to drop a course(s) for the semester.