Fall Freshmen Orientation:
tIME IS RUNNING OUT! rEGISTER HERE:
Only admitted students are able to register for an Orientation. Please click the button with the date(s) you prefer to register.
July 17 July 23
- 1 day program: This condensed Orientation program provides all of the information you need to be ready for the fall. Attending this program will fulfill the orientation requirement. An agenda for the day is still being created.
- Family Program: We offer a family program to help families transition as their student starts their college journey.
- Fee: $85 is charged to the student’s fee bill upon attending the orientation. The fee is due when the bill is due. Excess aid may be used to cover the fee. If a guest attends with the student, an additional $25 per guest (up to 2 guests per student) will be assessed to the bill.
Family & Guest Orientation
We encourage each student to bring up to two family members or guests to our Freshmen Orientations. By attending, guests will learn the information and services we offer to best support their student! Throughout the day, you will spend some time with and apart from your student to best prepare for the college transition. View our Family Guide here.
Family & Guest Orientation: July 17
Need to book a hotel? Book Here!
- 8:30-9:30am Check-in
- 9:30-10:30am Opening session & Academic Welcome
- 10:30-12:15pm College Transition and Student Experience Panel (without students)
- 12:15-1:30pm Lunch
- How do you register for Orientation? Once registration opens, admitted students will receive an email to their personal email account with a link to apply.
- Can I attend BOTH Early Advantage Orientation and Fall Freshmen Orientation? Yes, but you will be charged both fees and a lot of the information and activities are repetitive.
- How do I pay my Orientation Fee? Once a student attends an Orientation, a fee is added to their tuition and fee bill (located on Webstar). This bill will need to be paid by the due date. The Bursar handles all fee payments.
- If I attend Orientation, but withdraw from the University do I still need to pay the fee? Yes, the student will be responsible for the Orientation fee even if they decide not to attend the University of New Orleans.
- Are students required to bring a guest? No, but we highly encourage it.