Learning Resource Center
Learning Resource Center Tutor Application
The LRC is excited to launch our tutor application for the Fall 2019 semester. Should you have any questions about the application or the job, please contact Shannon Williamson at email@example.com. We hope you'll take the time to apply to work with us! Click here to apply!
To work in the LRC students must:
- Be enrolled as a UNO student
- Have completed at least one full semester at UNO
-Have earned an A or B in the courses they are tutoring
-Maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher (both each term and cumulatively)
-Be committed to ethical conduct and academic honesty
- Posses strong written and oral communication skills
- Have a positive attitude and a patient, helpful demeanor with students
- Be willing to work with students from diverse backgrounds and be respectful of differences
Benefits of working in the LRC:
- Starting pay of $10/hour for undergraduate students and $12/hour for graduate students
-Raises each semester you remain employed with the LRC
- A work schedule that will flex around your class times
- Work in a convenient location right in the middle of campus: the library
- Develop transferable skills that will help in nearly any profession
- Enjoy the satisfaction of helping others everyday
Programs & Services
Privateer Pathways is designed for students who, because of their ACT or SAT scores, need additional support in mathematics or English. Skills will be developed through the strategic delivery of academic support to students.
Computer Lab: UNO Earl K. Long Library
Just outside the Learning Resource Center's offices is the biggest computer lab on campus! Located in the UNO Earl K. Long Library are over a dozen computers available to students and alumni to help you with whatever you're working on. The study rooms that surround the lab are an added bonus!
Tutoring is offered in many different academic departments around campus.
Make an Appointment
Call 504-280-7053 or drop by the Learning Resource Center in the UNO Earl K. Library, room 126.