Learning Resource Center
Learning Resource Center Tutor Application
The LRC is excited to launch our tutor application for the Fall 2019 semester. Should you have any questions about the application or the job, please contact Shannon Williamson at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you'll take the time to apply to work with us! Click here to apply!
To work in the LRC students must:
- Be enrolled as a UNO student
- Have completed at least one full semester at UNO
-Have earned an A or B in the courses they are tutoring
-Maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher (both each term and cumulatively)
-Be committed to ethical conduct and academic honesty
- Posses strong written and oral communication skills
- Have a positive attitude and a patient, helpful demeanor with students
- Be willing to work with students from diverse backgrounds and be respectful of differences
Benefits of working in the LRC:
- Starting pay of $10/hour for undergraduate students and $12/hour for graduate students
-Raises each semester you remain employed with the LRC
- A work schedule that will flex around your class times
- Work in a convenient location right in the middle of campus: the library
- Develop transferable skills that will help in nearly any profession
- Enjoy the satisfaction of helping others everyday
Programs & Services
Whether you're having a tough time starting your paper, organizing your ideas, or taking care of grammatical or stylistic issues, we can help with any and all of your writing concerns. Tutoring is done by appointment, but walk-ins are accommodated if a tutor is available. Individuals can schedule a 30-minute appointment by calling 280-7054 or stop by.
Computer Lab: Liberal Arts Building Room 334
This 23 workstation computer lab is available to all UNO students or can be scheduled for special class sessions. The LRC Lab is a comfortable workspace where you have access to supplies, study resources, computers and more.