What is First Year Experience
The staff of FYE is here to help first year students at UNO. Transitioning to college can be exciting, stressful, challenging, and fun, and the first year is often the hardest. Our job is to make sure that your transition is as easy as possible. If you have a specific question, come ask it. Don’t know where to start? Let us help point you in the right direction. One day you too will be an UNO expert. In the meantime, we’re here to help!
The mission of First Year Experience at the University of New Orleans is:
- To provide a broad network of support services and programs that address the academic, personal and social need of first year students and promote student success
- To provide outreach and necessary interventions to students who are experiencing academic and social difficulties
- To actively encourage students to engage in the university community
- To promote critical thinking and life-long learning
- To work collaboratively with faculty and staff across the campus to provide additional resources for first year students
Welcome to UNO! First Year Transitions can help you settle into your first year at UNO.
Parents of a first-year student?
We want you to feel confident that your child is getting the best college education and experience.
Visit the New Transfer Experience page to see how you can transition to life as