Louisiana Go Grant
The purpose of this program is to provide a need-based component to the state’s financial aid plan to support nontraditional and low to moderate-income students who need additional aid to afford the cost of attending college.
To be eligible for a Louisiana Go Grant, a student must:
- Be a Louisiana Resident;*
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Receive a federal Pell grant ;
- Have a remaining financial need after deducting Estimated Family Contribution and all federal/state/institutional grant or scholarship aid ("gift aid") from student's Cost of Attendance (COA);
- Be a student enrolled in an eligible Louisiana institution on at least a half-time basis (minimum 6 hours at semester school or 4 hours at a quarter school).
- Minimum Annual Award $300
- Maximum Annual Award $3000
- Eligible students will receive the following award amounts based on need and eligibility after determining need based on calculation set by LOSFA.
- Funds are not awarded to students enrolled less than half-time.
- Institutionally set half of the Maximum Award amount as the Maximum Award based on allocation given to school.
- Minimum Award amount $300 annually
- Priority given to students who are 25 or older;
- Procedure to identify transfer and readmit students based on Master Roster of Go Grant Recipients;
- Eligibility determined by the census date of each semester.
- Must file a FAFSA or the Renewal Application annually
- Continue receiving a Federal Pell Grant and a need after GO Grant Need calculation.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by the institution.
Louisiana resident as of the day the FAFSA is filed and Louisiana is the student's true and fixed domicile as reported on the FAFSA. If student's state of residence on the FAFSA is not reported as LA, but a dependent student claims that a non-custodial parent is a Louisiana resident, or that parents are Louisiana residents living out of state, LOSFA will determine residency based on the completion, by the parents, of a residency affidavit.
Special provisions have been made to assist students affected by the natural disasters of August and September 2005. See complete details in GO Grant rules and/or the GO Grant residency affidavit for students with a Louisiana Distance Diploma using the following link: