Practicums and Internships in College Mental Health
About the Setting
The University of New Orleans is an metropolitan, state university with a diverse student population. Likewise, the client population of Counseling Services is quite diverse in age, culture, race, ethnicity and presenting problems. These factors create a unique atmosphere for an exceptional training experience for the highly-motivated social work, counseling, or psychology student under the supervision of the licensed professional staff.
About the Training Program
Training includes experiences within the following areas:
- Diagnostic assessment, case conceptualization and treatment planning
- Individual counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Career testing and counseling
- Psychoeducational screenings, seminars and workshops
- Outreach programming and presentations
Training Program Requirements
- Minimum commitment of two (2) regular semesters (fall/spring) required.
- Minimum 22 hours per week at the site.
- Participation in a two (2) day internship orientation.
- Participation in weekly individual supervision.
- Participation in weekly group supervision including case staffing and didactic meetings
- Additional details and requirements will be discussed during the application/interview process.
Interested candidates should submit:
- Statement of interest and goals
- Résumé and graduate transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
- Proof of student malpractice insurance