50% - Assign placements for student teachers and interns in school sites. Update student teacher/intern handbooks and all forms and documents needed for the student teaching/internship experience. Collect required program data.
25% - Teach one course per semester to undergraduate student teachers and supervise student teacher/interns as needed
25% - Coordinate state and national accreditation visits including planning and reporting for all teacher education programs
· Develop and oversee compliance of policies and procedures governing Clinical Practice
· Monitor adherence to state and university guidelines and requirements
· Manage departmental budget
· Conduct training sessions for University Supervisors
· Provide orientation sessions for Student Teachers and Interns
· Process applications of students for Student Teaching and/or Capstone Internship
· Communicate with students regarding status for registration
· Collaborate with school district personnel in the Greater New Orleans area to identify placements for clinical and field experiences
· Create and maintain documents and data utilized during clinical and field experiences
· Develop and maintain the Student Teaching and Capstone Internship Handbooks
· Coordinate and host the UNO Parish Interviews
· Process travel documents for College Coordinators on a monthly basis to be submitted to Accounts Payable
· Process eligibility of all Cooperating Teachers through UNO HR
· Process payments for all Cooperating Teachers to be submitted to Accounts Payable
Teacher of Record (Instructor)
· EDUC 4000, Meeting the Needs of All Learners III
· Student Teaching and Capstone Internship Courses (Residency I and II)
· Supervise, evaluate and support 1 cohort of student teachers in the field when needed
· Provide orientation sessions for supervising teachers of each cohort
· Coordinate all State and National Accreditation visits
· Create faculty committees for State and National Accreditation visits
· Work with faculty to schedule department meetings to discuss assessment and accreditation documents needed.
Other duties assigned by the Dean of the college.
Master's degree in Education.
K-12 teaching and/or leadership experience.
Experience with Louisiana redesign initiative.
Position will remain open until filled.