The University of New Orleans (UNO), a public higher education institution, is embarking, with two of its sister institutions, on implementing Workday as its new ERP to replace PeopleSoft. The Department of Information Technology is seeking to hire an energetic IT project manager to help with supporting many aspects of human resources, finance and student components of ERP implementation.
Coordination and Communication
• Serve as lead for campus Workday implementation team
• Coordinate activities related to implementation of Workday
• Manage a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities
• Meet with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services
• Serve as liaison between campus and the Systems Office appointed Workday facilitator
Management and Support
• Lead by optimizing the effectiveness of applications, including ERP, CRM, LMS, and other applications for communications, collaboration, analytics, identity management, middleware, and more.
• Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved
• Analyze program risks.
• Provide technical support for Workday implementation
• Lead the portfolio management function by establishing best practices for eliciting requirements and prioritizing, planning, & delivering business and technology projects in scope, on time, and within budget.
• Continually improve, automate, and standardize business processes through implementing best practices in collaboration with stakeholders in key functional areas to increase effectiveness, reduce costs, and drive value.
Evaluation and Reporting
• Ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance
• Develop an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement
• Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
• Prepare implementation summary reports for review by key administrative personnel (Chief Information Officer, President, Vice President of Business Affairs, Provost and Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs)
• Maintain record of Workday implementation issues/concerns identified by campus unit personnel
As the ERP implementation evolves, the job duties may be adjusted to exclude some of the above responsibilities and include the following:
• Support training initiatives to ensure efficient use of Workday by campus personnel
• Create and manage long-term goals.
• Organize programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization
• Develop new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Bachelor's degree, or in lieu of a degree, 6 years' work experience in the Project Management Field
- Proven ability in management/oversight of ERP
- Proven ability to develop, empower and motivate team members to initiate and complete responsibilities in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills (strategic, short- and long-term); strong follow-up and follow-through skills to ensure completion of strategic plans, goals and objectives
- Management and project management experience
- Master's degree, or in lieu of a degree, 10 years' work experience in the Project Management Field
- Experience with supporting a higher education campus with implementing a new data management system
- One year of experience in use of a data management system in a higher education unit (such as Banner, PeopleSoft)
- Current PMP Certification
Position will remain open until filled.