How to Start
1) Get Permission
- Before you travel, permission must be granted by having an Authorization to Travel Form completed and approved. The FY 18-19 form is located on SharePoint(UNO username and password is required), and is considered approved after the appropriate signatures are electronically signed. The Travel Authorization Form must be completed if you plan to travel on behalf of the University, and approved before the departure date.
- During the planning stages of your trip, enter the estimated expenses on the Travel Authorization Form.
2) Plan your transportation
- You should always select the most cost-effective method of transportation that suits the needs of your travel plans. Mileage is only reimbursable up to 99 miles for a single round-trip using your personal vehicle. If the trip requires driving over 99 miles, please consider renting a vehicle. Exemptions to the 99 miles rule can only be granted prior to departure and only with the approval of the Commissioner of Administration, Jay Dardenne.
- If you have to fly to arrive at your destination,always book the flight through the state-contracted travel agency, Short's Travel Management. Short's Travel can be contacted by phone: (888) 846-6810, email: email@example.com or visit their website for more information. Your state liability travel credit card or request for the use of the CBA are the only forms of payment allowed to purchase airfare. A personal credit card is not an allowed form of payment. Always keep both the itinerary and receipt.
- If you are renting a car within the State of Louisiana, you must rent a compact or intermediate size model with Enterprise, using the State account number NA1403. Keep the car rental rulesin mind while renting. Remember to request authorization for a rental car on the Travel Authorization Form.
- If you will be driving your own vehicle, the mileage reimbursement rate is 54cents per mile effective July 01, 2018. Document your mileage by submitting beginning and ending odometer readings or any website mileage program such as mapquest.com.
3) Plan your lodging
- If it you need to stay in a hotel while on University business, make certain your accommodations do not exceed the maximum daily room amount allowed by the State. Please follow the hotel guidelinesfor the correct lodging rates.
- While traveling, keep all receipts, and ensure the meal reimbursement guidelines are followed by not spending more than the per diem meal reimbursement rates.
5) Get Reimbursed
- Keep all receipts.
- Complete a FY 18-19 Travel Voucher Formwhen you return from the trip.
- Attach your Travel Authorization Form to the Travel Voucher and original receipts.
- Click herefor a complete list of what is needed to be attached to your travel voucher.
- Submit all your approved paperwork to Accounts Payable, located in room 205 of the