If you are a Permanent Resident, but your secondary education transcripts are from outside of the U.S. (i.e. you are not a U.S. high school graduate), you must meet the international freshmen applicant requirements. Please submit a photocopy of both sides of your Alien Registration Card (Form I-551).
International Freshmen Applicants
Minimum admission requirements for freshmen:
- Official high school transcripts must be sent directly from the school. The transcripts must be in the original language, accompanied by an official English translation. International college/university transcripts must be evaluated by one of the NACES Evaluation Agencies.
- A cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 as calculated by the UNO Admissions office
- Math Test Scores (one of the following): ACT 19 SAT 500
- English Test Scores (one of the following): ACT 18 SAT 25 (Writing & Language) TOEFL 70 IELTS 6.0
International Transfer Applicants
Minimum admission requirements for transfers:
- Original or certified copies of examination results, diplomas and course syllabi, official transcripts from all U.S. schools attended, and all international transcripts, which need to be evaluated by one of the NACES Evaluation Agencies.
- Have earned at least 24 hours of university-level credits, including a university-level math course
- A minimum GPA of 2.25 on all university work *Less than 24 hours of university work must meet the freshman admission requirements as well as have a 2.25 GPA on the university work.
- A minimum 70 TOEFL or 6.0 IELTS score
International Graduate Applications
A United States equivalency evaluation must accompany transcripts from foreign institutions, which must be certified by one of the NACES Evaluation Agencies.
Intensive English Language Program
Students who require additional English preparation may first enroll in the Intensive English Language Program (IELP). The Admissions Office will conditionally admit students pending successful completion of the UNO IELP program. The admission letter will include language that to be fully admitted to UNO, the student will need to meet the criteria above. In place of English test scores above, the student may also secure admission by successfully completing IELP with the following scores: 63+ LGVR and 70+ Writing on the IELP Exit Exam.
Please submit forms & direct questions to: Jorge Franco | email@example.com