The Chemical Society (GCS) provides graduate students with an opportunity to engage in social and community service activities. All M.S. and Ph.D. students in chemistry are automatically inducted into the GCS.
Past GCS social events have included:
- Film and discussion sessions
- Potluck lunches and dinners
- Hosting a Privateer Plunge activity.
Service Events have included:
- Alpha Epsilon Delta (A) Community Health Fair
- Super Science Saturday at the Louisiana Children’s Museum
- Outreach to Akili Academy’s elementary school students
As one of the most active graduate student groups on-campus, the GCS also provides graduate students with opportunities to develop leadership skills by serving as an organization officer.
If you want to know more about the GCS, contact Treva Brown, GCS President, at firstname.lastname@example.org