The business of the Society is conducted by the National Officers, Regional Directors, and active chapters, with authorization of the national convention.
AED is affiliated with the American Association for the Advancement of Science and is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies.
Functions of Alpha Epsilon Delta:
- Encourage and recognize academic excellence among premedical students
- Offer opportunities for intellectual and professional development
- Promote communication between health professionals, premedical students and educators
- Provide a forum for students with common interests
- Use resources to benefit health organizations, charities and the community
- Stimulate an appreciation of the importance of premedical education
- Provide a program of service to benefit the college/university community