Graduate Application Process
Ready to Apply?
- Complete the UNO Online Application
- Follow instructions for Graduate Applicants
- Complete all required sections, upload required documents, and pay application fee.
M.S. Biological Sciences 1-Year Non-thesis Option
- GPA of 3.0 is preferred
- 1 letter of recommendation from a professor familiar with your academic potential
- Fall applications are accepted until July 1
- Spring applications are accepted through November 1
M.S. Biological Sciences Thesis Option and
Ph.D. Integrative Biology
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college.
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Scores of at least 150 on the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE.
- For international applicants whose native language is not English, satisfactory scores on the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE, or successful completion of the IELP program at UNO. Please see current requirements.
- Satisfactory academic standing at the last university or college attended.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Clear Statement of Purpose of your research interest, experiences, and goals
- Previous research experience is desired
Deadlines and Funding
For fall admission, the review of applicants begins on February 1 and continues until all positions are filled. For spring admission, applications must be received by October 1. Applications received after these deadlines may be considered depending upon availability of positions and funding.
The Department strives to support all students admitted into the MS and PhD program by teaching assistantships, research assistantships, scholarships, or fellowships. Learn more.
When considering applicants for admission, the Graduate Committee will consider the student's academic record, test scores, research experience, letters of recommendation, and potential to successfully complete a research project in this department.