- The Lagniappe Scholarship: A competitive award that waives the non-resident fees for qualified applicants. Minimum undergrad GPA is 3.0. The program director will nominate all qualified applicants.
- The Master’s Scholarship: A competitive award that waives all tuition for in-state students. Minimum undergrad GPA is 3.0. The program director will nominate all qualified applicants.
All full time GA positions offer a non resident fee waiver. TA and Writing Center Positions also offer in state tuition waivers plus a 5,400 annual stipend. The finances for other GA positions vary. All positions are competitive. Some only become available in 2nd year (after 18 hours) of study.
The CWW and English Department offer the following Graduate Assistantships:
- Tutoring in the Writing Center
- Literary Magazine Editing (Bayou)
- Book Publishing (UNO Press)
- Book Research and Marketing (The Neighborhood Story Project)
- Literary Conference Management (Tennessee Williams Festival)
- Program Development (grant writing, alumni outreach, administrative assistance)