How to Apply
Master of Education in Counseling (M.Ed.)
This web page should be used as a basic outline for submitting application documents and should not be considered a legal document.
Please contact the counseling program at email@example.com, for more in-depth and up-to-date information to meet all program admission requirements.
All graduate candidates are to complete the UNO online application. Please follow the instruction to successfully complete the application.
- Access the online application by clicking on the link below and read the graduate admissions information and follow links to create an account and begin electronic application process.
- Complete the application
- Write a personal statement and attach to online application. Guidelines are below.
- Send official Transcripts from ALL previously attended institutions. Instructions are provided on the Graduate Application Procedures.
- Send official GRE Scores. Scores must be less than five (5) years old. Instructions are provided on the Graduate Application Procedures page link above.
Note: Master’s applicants do not need to submit references or professional resume.
Application due dates for consideration for admissions
- Fall: February 15th
- Spring: September 30th
Individuals may enroll temporarily as non-degree students. In order to take the three (3) foundation courses.
For more information about International Student’s policies, procedures and requirements please visit the Office of International Students and Scholars at www.oiss.uno.edu.
Personal Statement Guidelines
The personal statement is a thoughtful 3-5 page essay that describes the following elements:
- A summary of your educational and work experiences and how they have contributed to your readiness for counselor education.
- Your reason for wanting to earn a M.Ed. in counseling.
- Your professional goals and how a UNO Master's Degree in Counseling can help your accomplish your professional goals.
Only those applications that are complete and include all the required documentation will be considered for review. If you do not complete the application process by the deadline you can notify the Graduate School and indicate whether or not you wish to be considered for the next application deadline.
Once an application and the required materials (i.e., personal statement, official transcripts, and GRE scores less than 5 years old) are received and reviewed by the counseling faculty, applicants selected to proceed in the application process will receive information regarding the dates and times for the group screening interviews. Screening Interviews will be conducted in small groups and last approximately 45-60 minutes.
Following the screening interviews the counseling program faculty will conduct a final review of applications and supporting materials and select applicants for admission. Applicants will be notified by email of their admissions status.