NAME Industry Advisory Board
The mission of Industry Advisory Board (IAB) is to provide counsel and to support the School of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering in all matters of its operation and development.
Members of the Industry Advisory Board
Members are carefully selected to represent a wide spread of the marine industry constituency of the School of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering. They serve at the invitation of the Board and the School of NAME Chair.
|Altug Basaran||Ship Architects, Inc., Daphne, AL|
|Brent R. Blackburn||Bollinger Shipyards, Inc., Lockport, LA|
|Arthur Darden||Arthur D. Darden, Inc., Metairie, LA|
|P. Michael Duthu||Huntington Ingalls Industries|
|Kenneth Humphreys||MiNO Marine|
|Todd Johnson||Pacific-Gulf Marine Inc.|
|René Leonard||Conrad Shipyard, LLC|
|Fernando Malabet||Eastern Shipbuilding Group, Inc.|
|Gil G. Romano||Metal Shark Boats|
|Ajay K. Suda||A. K. Suda, Inc.|
|Joel R. Whitehead||Whitehead & Associates, Inc.|
Tasks of the Industry Advisory Board
- Provide critical counsel to the chairman on matters relating to industry requirements with regard to curriculum planning, development, management, and evaluation.
- Enlist the support and goodwill of corporations and individuals in helping to shape the direction of legislation and other government action to the best interest of the department.
- Promote the department to generate private funds for various research and other academic activities.
- Seek faculty involvement in industry
- Showcase the School of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering in the industry locally, nationally, and the world, to attract students and excellent faculty.
- Assist in laboratory development
- Obtain professional opportunities for students (internship and permanent)
- Enhance student professional society activities