The goals of the office are to:
- Serve in the planning, development and execution of high-profile major events that benefit the university and enhance its image, reputation and attractiveness as worthy focus of charitable giving and other forms of support.
- Partner and consult with various academic and administrative units on campus in order to achieve their individual event goals and objectives.
- Advise members of the UNO community on protocol issues as they relate to event planning.
Event Planning Resources
- UNO Event Space Availability Request
- Event Planning Checklist
- Campus Service Providers
- Standardized UNO Nametag Template
Event Management and Protocol Guidelines and Template Forms
If you are planning an event and one or more of the following situations apply, please contact our office to schedule a consultation:
- The President, Provost, high-ranking UNO officials or representatives, elected officials, or other dignitaries will be participating or attending. University policy can be found here.
- Event is a ceremony of campus-wide significance, such as a ground-breaking ceremony, building dedication, important anniversary or something similar;
- Protocol issues exist,
- Need event-planning advice
- To request the presence of the President or Provost at your event, please click here.
These protocol guidelines and templates are to assist you with planning your event. Please contact Rachel Massey with any questions.
Rachel Massey, CMP
Director of Events and Protocol
Administration Annex, Room 2012B
2000 Lakeshore Drive
New Orleans, LA 70148